You must have sometimes observed that your tongue has turned whiter than usual. If you have not experienced this, then it is excellent because a white tongue is a sign of a bad breath problem. Nobody wants to have bad breath due to which they have to get proper bad breath treatment. Proper tongue cleaning is necessary for a healthy mouth.
An unhealthy tongue has basically several grooves and fissures in it. Anaerobic bacteria find an excellent spot to flourish in these grooves and fissures. Eventually, these bacteria become the reason for bad breath and the whitening of the tongue. The color of the tongue in this scenario can change from its natural color to white, yellow and even blackish. If not cleaned properly, an unhealthy tongue can become coated and can become dryer and cracked.
Tongue cleaning process
- Use a tongue cleaner or scraper flush oral health care products on the base of the tongue and gently sweep it from the base to the front of the tongue. Repeat this 3 to 4 times.
- Use some toothpaste and apply it to the head of the tongue cleaner. The toothpaste should not have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate as an ingredient.
- Coat your tongue surface with the toothpaste using the tongue cleaner. Don’t gag yourself.
- Leave the toothpaste coating on your tongue surface for a while. 90 seconds would be perfect.
- Spit and clean when you want
With this method, every individual should clean his/her tongue on regular basis. This ensures that the tongue remains clean and free of bacteria. It will prevent whitening of the tongue and keep your breath fresh.