Proper and regular brushing of the teeth
Regular and proper brushing of the teeth is extremely vital for maintaining good oral health. Every individual should understand the importance of brushing teeth and brush their teeth twice a day in the appropriate manner. This ensures that the oral cavity remains clean and free from diseases and infections.
The following are the step by step instructions for effective brushing of the teeth:
- First, moisten the toothbrush with water. After the moistening, apply a thin strip of toothpaste to the toothbrush. Choosing the right toothpaste also plays a vital role in this regard. Use the toothpaste which contains ingredients which make the teeth stronger, brighter and whiter. Fluoride is also essential for making the tooth enamel strong and preventing dental caries. Make sure you use fluoride toothpaste!
- Then, brush the upper molars on the back side of the mouth first. From left to right, in a clockwise direction. Point the bristles towards the gumline at a 45-degree angle. The movement should be a short circular motion for about twenty seconds.
- Then, roll the brush head away from the gumline. By doing so, the bristles of the toothbrush properly clean the teeth and remove food particles and dental plaque on those teeth.
- Continue brushing in a clockwise direction. In the end, the lower molars on the left side will be brushed. Remember to properly brush upper and lower molars as well.
- Then, brush the back side of the upper front teeth, the maxillary central incisors. This could be done by using the tip of the head of the toothbrush. Direct the bristles towards the gumline in a flicking motion, down the surface of the tooth. Repeat two to three times.
- In the same way, the back side of the lower front teeth, the mandibular central incisors, should be brushed by using the tip of the head of the toothbrush. Use the same flicking motion and repeat two to three times.
- Then, move onto cleaning the biting surface of the lower and upper premolars and molars. This should be done in a circular motion.
- Also, the importance of dental hygiene includes brushing the tongue as well. Use a gentle circular motion for approximately thirty seconds.
- Spit out the toothpaste. Do not forget to smile!